Thursday, May 3, 2012

29 Faces, Day 2


May 2, 2012


Preparing for our trip yesterday felt like slogging through cold molasses.
One disaster after another all. day. long. 
Even though it was the last thing I wanted to do, sitting down to draw made it all disappear.


I didn't have anyone in particular in mind as I sketched, so I was astounded when I finished this face, and it put a lot into perspective, leaving me in a puddle of tears.
This appears to be a younger version of an acquaintance that I ran into this week. I knew that she was about to finish cancer treatment the last time I saw her. This week I saw her at her place of work and was anxious to ask her how she was doing, only to find that she'd developed new tumors and was in a lot of pain and quite ill. And yet she was at work.


As annoying as my day was yesterday, I have much to be grateful for.
Including that reminder.
Thank you Gwen, for your example.






2 comments:

MELODY RUE RANSOM said...

Lovely. Her face, at least in your drawing, radiates kindness. Hope you both have a safe trip.

Jenny said...

Oh what a beautiful face Jennifer... and isn't art amazing when we receive messages through it... I think we all need those reminders... your friend is inspiring us all... sitting here feeling grateful for everything I have too...

thanks Jennifer...
Jenny x